Thursday, March 24, 2011

part of my own generation

Did you know that if i was born a few years earlier i wouldn't have survived my disease? I learned that at my appointment this week. there is a whole generation of 20 somethings who never would have survived if they were born a few years earlier.  one of them was even and Olympic medalist how cool is that!?!  I also learned that i intimidate my cardiologist, I am his youngest patient and basically the first patient he has seen with my disease so that is why he is calling upon so many other drs to help along the way. We even got to see that i dont have pulmonary hypertension i just have a stenotic replacement valve that needs replaced. and the stenotic valve makes it seem like i have pulmonary hypertension when i don't. the drs sont really know how to work with me because they haven't ever had an adult with my diease.. its kinda weird i guess. but there is a dr at the UW Medical center who specializes in the generation of congenital heart disease kids that have grown into adults so she can monitor us and know how to help us and know when to fix us. so in the next few weeks im supposed to go see her for a meeting and and MRI to determine when i will need surgery and what kind of surgery to do..

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing huh? You were given a trial and sent down to the earth at a specific time to be able to survive and fulfill your life's mission.

    ReplyDelete